A message from Ben Shearer, Managing Director
The Coronavirus situation is having a very significant impact on travel and hospitality in general. Please rest assured that we are monitoring the situation very carefully and will be basing our advice on that provided by the Foreign and Commonwealth office, and local authorities.
We really do appreciate your patience with us at this time as we too try to navigate through the disruption this is causing us all.
Visit the FCO website for their latest Coronavirus travel advice and for information on taking out comprehensive travel insurance.
Key information for Guests:
- We are still planning to open on time as normal for half term at the end of May.
- There are no travel restrictions in place currently that would restrict travel to Greece for the dates we are due to open this year.
- The Greek government has announced that from 16th March, all people arriving in Greece from abroad are required to go into 14 days’ self-isolation. We believe this to be a temporary measure and will monitor accordingly.
- The Greek government has introduced the enforced closure of tourism hotels until 30th April 2020 and placed some restrictions on access to bars, restaurants and shops for the next few weeks to limit the spread of Coronavirus. We will monitor and alert you to any changes.
- The greek government has restricted flights from the UK to Greece until the 15th April.
In the absence of any FCO advice against travel to Greece, bookings are governed by our standard booking terms and conditions. If the FCO advice changes, we will be in touch with you to discuss your options.
Please do ensure you have the very best comprehensive travel insurance you can arrange as in the case flight disruption etc; this would be your first route to avoiding a financial penalty.
Please do accept my apologies if I have not answered any questions you might have at this point, I will be updating this page daily to reflect the current situation, and as more advice becomes available.
Ben Shearer – Managing Director