A message from Ben Shearer, Managing Director
The Coronavirus situation is having a very significant impact on travel and hospitality in general. Please rest assured that we are monitoring the situation very carefully and will be basing our advice on that provided by the Foreign and Commonwealth office, and local authorities.
We really do appreciate your patience with us at this time as we too try to navigate through the disruption this is causing us all.
Visit the FCO website for their latest Coronavirus travel advice and for information on taking out comprehensive travel insurance.
Key information for Guests:
- The FCO is now advising against all but essential travel indefinitely, however this advice can be removed without notice.
- The UK government has announced a 2 week quarantine will be required on arrival into the UK from 8/6/2020 to be reviewed after 3 weeks (29/6/2020).
- Our team in resort are ready to open the Club as soon as we are permitted to do so.
- The Greek government has begun the easing of lockdown measures beginning Monday the 4th May. Restaurants, cafes hotels and beach clubs are in the process of re-opening with strict public health guidelines.
- All of our accommodation providers are expecting to open their properties by the middle of June.
- The Greek government has restricted international flights to Greece, and a number of flight companies have introduced a rolling cancellation policy. The government is expecting that these flights would resume in the middle of June to Athens and to regional airports from 1/7/2020.
As a result of the above we have now taken the decision to delay the opening of the club and are in the process of contacting guests affected. We are keeping the opening date under review, and will be in touch with any guests who’s holiday may be disrupted.
If you have booked to stay with us in July or August, you may amend your dates now for free to dates later in the year or indeed to 2021 should you wish to.
The current situation is moving extremely quickly, we appreciate your patience whilst we work through the options.
Please do ensure you have the very best comprehensive travel insurance you can arrange as in the case flight disruption etc; this would be your first route to avoiding a financial penalty.
Please do accept my apologies if I have not answered any questions you might have at this point, I will be updating this page regularly to reflect the current situation, and as more advice becomes available.
Ben Shearer – Managing Director