Current travel rules – Updated: 13/10/2021
Designation currently – REST OF THE WORLD
On the way out
For the avoidance of any doubt, it is not illegal to travel to a ‘rest of the world’ country such as Greece. It is also perfectly simple to do so as long as you undertake the right steps.
Additionally, the Foreign Office is not advising against travel to Zakynthos so you should have no trouble getting insurance for your trip.
In order to enter Greece, where you are over the age of 11yrs, you must show one of the following:
- A vaccine certificate showing that you have received the full course of the vaccine at least 14 days prior to entering Greece – the NHS app can provide this proof, or,
- A negative COVID-19 test: either a medically certified rapid test (within 48 hours of travel) or a certified PCR test (within 72 hours of travel). The test results should match the name in the traveller’s passport, or,
- Proof that the traveller tested positive for COVID-19 in the last 2-9 months (either by positive PCR result or medical certificate)
Passengers 11yrs and under are not required to undergo tests to enter Greece.
Finally, you must fill out the Passenger Locator Form (PLF) at least 24 hours before travel.
On the way home
Depending on your vaccination status, there are elements you must complete prior to your return flight.
Fully vaccinated guests
- Book your day 2 PCR test for all persons over 4yrs old.
- Fill out the UK Passenger Locator Form and include in it the reference number for your day 2 test package.
Not fully vaccinated guests
- Take a medically certified lateral flow test that meets UK government requirements, taken within 3 days of the flight departing for the UK.
We arrange this for you at the club with our medical partner at a cost of 15€ per person. They take 1 minute to administer and 20 minutes to return a result. You will have a physical certificate immediately to take with you.
- Book day 2 and day 8 PCR tests.
- Fill out the UK Passenger Locator Form and include in it the reference number for your day 2 and day 8 test package.
- Isolate at home for 10 days upon arrival into the UK unless you take up the Test To Release option which, with an additional test on day 5, means you can end your isolation period as soon as your result is returned.
We will continue to update this page as and when any changes occur.
Ben Shearer – Managing Director