A message from Ben Shearer, Managing Director
It’s worth it when you get here!
We have now been open for 10 weeks this summer and the feedback has been great. The new areas of the club are proving popular, and guests are really enjoying the break that they all deserve.
- Everything is open! The club is operating as normal apart from sailing lessons in the same boats and restaurant bookings must be kept to a maximum of 10 persons per table.
- Monday’s family BBQ is a fun evening and proving a great way to meet other guests.
- On Wednesdays we still host our fabulous dinner parties, with adults, teens and kids all socialising.
- Friday evening’s food festival has been raised to another level with incredible food and some talented staff on the mic.
There are some important basic hygiene and safety protocols that all visitors and staff must adhere to; but these really are not onerous at all. We have lots of space, all of our restaurants are outdoors and open in accordance with local guidelines – you can be sure to love your stay with us and be certain that you are as safe at the club as is possible in the current climate.
And if I’d rather not travel, what are the options?
The club is open and permitted to operate and therefore we will not be offering refunds should you elect to cancel your holiday.
We will however work with you and the property owners to offer deferrals to alternative dates wherever possible to do so. In the rare case where we cannot find alternative dates that work, we will do our utmost to re-sell your holiday to our waiting list of guests and will offer you credit towards another Peligoni holiday, less any difference in the price of re-sale. If you are sure you do not wish to travel this summer, please do let us know swiftly so that we have as much time as possible to find an alternative guest for your booking
Email us here I’d like to defer my booking if possible, listing your booking reference number.
For customers from the EU and other nations:
We will apply the same principal to travellers from other countries as we will to our UK customers. If restrictions in the country in which you reside prevent you from travelling to Greece, or the restrictions on return to your home country are substantially onerous (e.g mandatory hotel quarantine on return) you will be offered a to defer your holiday (subject to any price changes) or receive a full refund, whichever you prefer.
The process of travelling to Greece presents a very low risk to oneself, however, you might be interested to know the following data in relation to Zakynthos updated in the last couple of weeks. Here is a link to the relevant government website so you can keep abreast of this data as the summer moves on:
- The current 7-day case rate per 100,000 in Zakynthos is 53/100,000 (the rate in the UK is currently 376/100,000).
- Every worker on the island is required to take a rapid test twice per week (the test positivity rate is 0.04%).
- The vaccination rate is currently at 53% and increasing rapidly.
We will continue to update this page with any relevant changes over the course of the next few weeks.
Ben Shearer – Managing Director