Completely renovated in 2016, Xyloporta is an unusual sort of ‘villa’ in the sense that it’s actually a hamlet of small artisanal cottages set around a central courtyard. Named after the owners’ children, they all have individual entrances and are set apart by souk-like alleyways that weave in and out the grounds to create a place full of charm and character.
Inside the main cottage you’ll find a communal kitchen, indoor dining area with an additional dining area that opens onto the central courtyard. The fully equipped kitchen contains a large gas hob, electric oven, dishwasher, and coffee machine. Two large French windows open to let the warm breeze in and the window seat over looking the terrace and the Juliet balcony looking out to sea are perfect spots to steal an early morning viewing of the sunrise.
The only two-storey building is Jemima’s Cottage. It has an external staircase that leads to a double bedroom with an en suite bathroom, terrace, a large picture window and Juliet balcony with views of the sea. Below, with its own entrance, is another large double bedroom with an en suite bathroom. There is also a dressing room or spare bedroom for a toddler attached to this main room. Adjoining this room is another double bedroom with an en suite bathroom and separate entrance, suitable for other children.
Isobel’s cottage contains a double room with an en suite bathroom, separate terrace and entrance, this room has long pretty windows either side of the bed allowing the light and breeze to flow through. Next door, George’s Cottage contains a larger room with an en suite bathroom, containing both bath and shower, a separate terrace and entrance. This room has its own fireplace and high ceiling. Lara and Poppy’s Cottage contains a twin room, again with its own entrance and natural rock features intact, there is an en suite bathroom and the same high ceilings. Finally, at the centre of the Hamlet is Ben’s cottage, a large, double room with plenty of space, opposite the entrance to the main cottage, again with an en suite bathroom containing both bath and shower.
Xyloporta is home to a beautiful infinity pool with a children’s shaded wallow or splash pool beside it. There is a large area of shade but plenty of space for sun worshipping also! A series of steps leads down to the “garden”, landscaped by goats and donkey-drawn ploughs, which allows for plenty of exploration and shady seclusion under one of the many ancient olive trees. The owners are considering taking on a resident donkey who might be kind enough to pull a cart to and from the Club as well as keeping the garden tidy in winter! Watch this space…
Set amid olive groves up on the hill, Xyloporta commands wonderful views over the sea and the countryside. With its intricate courtyards and terraces, this villa boasts a variety of outdoor space. A family villa at its core, Xyloporta is the ideal retreat for a large group looking for an unforgettable place to stay in Greece.
What we Love
Your own little village, Xyloporta oozes authenticity. A converted collection of olive growers cottages overlooking the valley, ideal for groups who want the best of both worlds – peaceful independent spaces with a great communal hub for those slightly less behaved nights.
Share this Property
Facilities & Services
- Swimming pool
- Air conditioning
- Music system
- Ping Pong table
- Washing machine
- White Company towels and linen
- Water purifier attached to taps in kitchen
- Midweek clean and linen change
- Communal kitchen, indoor dining area with an additional dining area that opens onto the central courtyard
- Fully equipped kitchen containing a large gas hob, electric oven, dishwasher, and coffee machine
- 3 x Twin/double bedrooms adjoining, each with an en suite bathroom, 1 bedroom is large
- Dressing room or spare bedroom for a toddler attached to this large bedroom
Isobel’s & George’s Cottage
- 1 x Fixed double bedroom with an en suite shower, separate terrace and entrance
- 1 x Double/twin room with an en suite bathroom, containing both bath and shower, a separate terrace and entrance
- This room has its own fireplace and high ceiling
- George’s room can have extra beds as it is very large
Lara & Poppy’s Room
- 1 x Twin/double room with it’s own entrance and natural rock features intact, there is an en suite bathroom and the same high ceilings
- 1 x Large twin/double room, opposite the entrance to the main cottage, again with an en suite bathroom containing both bath and shower.
All rooms apart from 1 have space for a cot and extra camp beds for children can be arranged at an extra cost.
Optional Extras The Peligoni Club Can Arrange:
- Airport transfers
- Car Hire
- Villa Hosting
- Childcare and Babysitting
- Shopping service
|Low Season||Mid Season||High Season|
Low Season: 26th May – 30th June/1st July and 1st/2nd September – 16th September
Mid Season: 30th June/1st July – 7th/8th July
High Season: 7th/8th July – 1st/2nd September